Monday, November 22, 2010

the accordion player


One of the reasons I love photography is that you are able to capture the emotion of a person in a single moment and immortalize that moment. Whenever I see this photo I remember exactly where I was, how I felt, the smells, the sounds, the heat, everything. That is what I find incredible about photography.  I love this photo for the way in which it portrays this man fully in his element. He was sitting against a wall across from the beach in MaceiĆ³, Brazil playing music with two other guys. I had to stop and take a picture.
If I hadn't have taken the time to capture this, I never would have remembered this man. I am so glad I did.

2 comments:

  1. I also appreciate how many of the senses can be "captured" using this medium. It's quite amazing, isn't it?

    Although I am usually geared towards shooting landscapes, I feel that certain places and panoramas have the ability to capture the main senses. And I even believe that landscapes can also invoke many emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeeyaw son! I am such a fan of people and catching them at the greatest times. I went to italy this summer and it was so hard to take pictures of stuff that everyone else was taking a picture of, so i just turned to the people and got my favorite stuff. The best faces, reactions, and of course old people are the greatest. The thing i had to get over was having the guts to get all up in peoples business, so i just broke out the long lense and weazled some shots. this one is so good though my friend, you gots skills! see ya on the shred breh

    ReplyDelete